Wednesday, October 23, 2013

CRR - Apocolypse Now

In class, we watched the Heart of Darkness Movie adaptation called Apocalypse Now, that took place during the Vietnam war. From what I understood, the movie was about an army captain who was just hearing about an issue that had to do with Kernel Kurtz. Kurtz was an assassin of assassins (.. Que ?). He was supposedly killing off the people who were assassinating someone else. I DON'T KNOW. What I do know is that I really really really REALLY hope the actual book isn't as weirdly confusing as the adapted movie was. I think I was lost partially because I wasn't paying full attention in order to get all the details.

Reading the blurb on the book, I figure that it will be an interesting read, however not as interesting as I am used to. The sentence that really caught my attention was "But Mr. Kurtz has 'taken a high seat among the Devils of the land...'" This sentence caught my eye because I think it will be very interesting to know what they mean by the high seat. I also want to know who the Devils of the land are.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the text is an interesting read, but it is a difficult text. The ideas in it are very complicated!

    ReplyDelete