Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Is my high schools resume enough?

So my brother works for Carlo Pazzolini, a high end fashion boutique, where only the best of the best are asked to work. (Yeah idunno how he made it there either, lol.)

Today he reminded me that I needed to email him my resume so that he could try and get me a job for the summer. Now, I'm aware of my qualities, and so are the people at capital one, but how do I get that accross to fashion forward people who don't know who I am ? Im not fashion forward people, I just like to be comfortable. Im not sure a retail job is right for me, but then again, its worth a try, right?

As I'm rewriting my resume, I'm thinking to myself "What if these people dont care about how much I did in highschool? What if they dont hire me because I'm a highschool grad who's only prior experience is a very leniant internship with Capital One? Or what if I just dont have 'the look' that everyone is always talking about?" There are so many things that come to my head, but then I think "the worst that could happen is that they say no, so I'll just apply for another job, right?"

Truth be told, I'm not sure what kind of job is right for me because I dont have much experience. The only motto I know is 'Service with a smile!' and it makes me sound like I work a McDonald's. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do, and if i get an interview what I'm going to wear. Ugh I pray to God that everything works out for the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment